Monday, May 31, 2010

Fire and Rain


It's been a busy couple of weeks! Three weeks ago, Eric was in finals crunch mode so he didn't emerge much from his cave study. The week after that he really was gone to South Dakota for a school trip... and I was left by my lonesome which translates as poor sleep habits. This past week, Eric was ready to spend time with his wife again, however she was in last week of school mode... so I was mostly MIA.

And because we're crazy, we jumped in a van with a bunch of teenagers and headed up to mountains as soon as I said "Happy Summer" to my students. It was an exhausting weekend. Parents of teenagers, I salute you. But let me just say this... for the first time ever I started our campfire with just one match. Legit. No lie. Could have left the box at home. No fire starter. It was pretty awesome.

We returned beat on Saturday night, recuperated Sunday, and on Monday we finished planting our garden. One trip to Home Depot later, our garden has something *hopefully* growing in all 16 squares. Now we just need to pray for more rain or water in the meantime!

No comments: