Saturday, May 15, 2010

About a Garden

So, this is the year for something new. I am attempting a garden. Armed with my green thumb guru Susan and the help of my husband, I will be attempting to grow lettuce, tomatoes, squash, and peas. I'm not quite convinced this will be a successful endeavor, but I'm going to give it the ol' green try! Below the first steps to making this happen have been documented:

Behold the to be transformed garden area:



Digging up the railroad ties...



Making the bed...



Filling it with soil...



I've been a faithful water-er so far. In fact, it's one of my accountability goals for this month. (Though Eric is also a faithful back-up plan.) Let the garden saga begin!

2 comments:

Chase Russell said...

Looks like from the pictures, Eric is doing all the work, so when you say "I" am planting a garden...what does this mean exactly? :)

Nicole said...

haha... it means it was my idea that Eric will lovingly help me bring to fruition :)