Saturday, May 8, 2010

It's Like Riding a Bike...

You never forget... right?

I'll admit it- I was skeptical. Living in a city that embraces biking as a lifestyle and a normal way to commute (even for business execs), I felt that I should join in to earn my Denverite status. There was only one problem- my last memory of riding a bike was somewhere around the age of 12. But you know what they say...

I also knew that I would probably be the one anomaly to that rule.

However, armed this morning with an uncharacteristic sense of self-confidence and the help of my friend Sarah and Susan's bike we ventured out to a local park.

And folks, it was like riding a bike! We rode around the park and even ventured out on a street- in a bike lane- in an area that looks like the neighborhood on the Truman Show- but still it was a street. And I'll go again!

Now, it's on to the next essential Denverite skill: parallel parking!

1 comment:

Sarah Saunier said...

We'll work on that one this weekend! You did great!