Wednesday, May 19, 2010

On the Best Gift Ever

Sorry, but I got to say it. Last week, I received the best gift ever. I realize that this may alienate some of my readers because, let's face it, you've probably all graciously bestowed some kind of wonderful gift on me in the past. But, you can't change the facts. One of my very cute and creative students made me the above card for Teacher Appreciation Week. At first, I didn't get the monumental awesomeness of this card. But after reading, "I am calling to say best teacher ever" (in case you can't read first grade writing), I opened the card to realize... It's a cell phone!!!!!

That's right folks, my little, cute student made me a cell phone card! To make it even better, a Starbucks card fell out when I opened it, but the real coolness of the gift was the cell phone! Knowing this student added to the greatness as well, but given my strict policy on not discussing my kiddos names and such, you'll just have to trust me.

Speaking of cell phones, a close second to the Best Gift Ever prize could be claimed by the person who gets me this phone.
In addition to the fact that its name- htc EVO- happily reminds me of dear Rachel Ray and her EVOO obsession, this phone has an amazing camera, a web cam (uh huh), and 100 things I won't write about (since I'd hate for you to think I'm being paid to promote it.) Unfortunately, no Starbucks card falls out of it... but you can't have everything right?

1 comment:

Mary Schwarz said...

Ha ha...that's funny...Albert has been obsessing about that phone...I finally got a smartphone myself, but not that one.