Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Settlin Settlers

I settled the score. yep.

Saturday night Eric and I joined some of our friends for a rousing came of Settlers of Catan. If you know what I'm talking about you're probably saying "Oh yeah!" If you don't know, you should play with us sometime. And if you're groaning, well then you're probably just Sarah or Susan.

Anyways, as all settler players know, there are six people that can play with the expansion pack, but we had seven. So Eric generously offered that we would be one person together (you know that whole marriage thing).

And so, it was my turn. And I used it.

"Eric, just stop talking!"

See, back in 2004, when Eric and I first started dating, we were introduced to the game by our dear friends Julie and Chase. Since many people were present, we were placed on the same team. In the game, you trade resources and another players asked if we had what they needed. I answered affirmatively and received a serious rebuke from Eric- "Nicole, just stop talking!

How we have laughed about it... and 5 years later we were finally on the same team again!

There might only be a couple of people who can appreciate this story, so I dedicate this to you.

Love you Eric!

2 comments:

Julie said...

that's awesome! way to go Nicole! :) Eric, how did it feel?

Rachael said...

Haha that's great. One of Kevin's friends recently introduced us to the game. Kevin and I are never on the same team, but we usually agree to have an alliance (which I usually end up breaking. =]