Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Sierra Leone Online Auction

As many of you know, this summer I am returning to Sierra Leone to continue teacher training in the area of reading and other topic areas.

I am excited to return for so many reasons- the children, the teachers, the relationships formed, and my hope to see national teachers raising a generation of godly, educated leaders.

It was a joy for me to use my time I am given in the summer to go and to serve and to be served by the Sierra Leoneans.

This year our team is conducting an online auction to help raise necessary funds. There are African batiks (cloth pictures), gift cards to national chain restaurants and stores, and if you are local some yoga or massage sessions to check out.

These were all generously donated and so the proceeds from the auction will go to our team fund and to the education program in Sierra Leone.

The auction and our team blog can be found here at:

http://teachersinsierraleone.blogspot.com/

Please lift our team up in your prayers as we make final preparations during May. Thank you!

No comments: