Tuesday, May 19, 2009

A Child's View of My Class

Today our students wrote letters to the new first graders (for the next school year). They offered their advice and told them what to look forward to. They were all cute... here is one example (no changes... my helpful interpretations will be in italics).

Dear First Graders,

It is fun her! You'l git to lite a litebolb up! I think you no apowt know about fun Friday You will play with something cold oblick oobleck- think Dr. Suess! I-
t is green woter exept it is sticky and win you scwes it... it sticks mar! For Riggs som of you wil go nextor next door! Just thin-
ck if arte is fun pe P.E. is funer! Yven Even because thers alot of fun you gus guys stil haft to folo the rols be kind always be safe be a good listener and be respec-
tful to everyone to...

From one of my students that I will miss!!

I think the word breaks were the best! Other letter comments included... don't worry writing isn't scary (yay!); don't steal sticky tak (a not so fun this year adventure); what I like about school is math because I like when we take tests (we'll see if that continues...); and you should eat lunch even if it's gross (we actually have good food too!). I will miss these kiddos!

3 more days!!

3 comments:

Karolena said...

aw, cute! hey, we have 10 more days. ah well, it's almost here.

Nicole said...

just laugh at me in August Kara!

Julie said...

I love this. Thanks for posting it. So cute.