Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

What does it mean to be thankful? You're happy to have it and you want to say "thank you!"

(This is what I teach my students...)

This is my shout out to everyone for a happy turkey day. Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays, and so I plan to enjoy it.

I'm thankful this year to be in Denver, to love the school I teach at, and to be surrounded by good friends.

I'm also thankful to have my 3 sister-in-laws here- Ruth, Rachael, and Alyssa. Yesterday the five of us went up to Boulder to the Celestial Seasonings factory, which was great fun! Hailing from the less "green" San Antonio, Rachael was excited to count all of the bicyclists! Good friends from high school and college, John and Jonathan also came in last night, so we have a pretty full but happy apartment!

Today we join our friends from church for a Thanksgiving feast. The meal will be completely prepared by people under the age of 30! Pictures will most definitely follow!

No comments: