Saturday, January 15, 2011

Well At Least I Made It Before the Wisemen

I was chastised the other day for my lack of consistent blogging. True. This is one of the many reasons I have friends for accountability.

So- back to Christmas.

We left on Christmas Eve for the beauty of the Red Rock country to spend Christmas with my grandparents. We left early in the morning and were rewarded with making it to their church's Christmas Eve service. I felt that this holiday season just rushed by and that I had missed out on all the Christmas hymns and songs that I love. Denver- I love you- but in addition to need Half- Price Books, Trader Joes, and good Tex-Mex, you also seriously need a Christmas music station. That rushed feeling, in combination with a random smattering of Christmas celebrations at odd times (Monday morning anyone?), left Christmas day anticlimactic.

So good thing we had this for our view-



This kind of beauty always puts things in perspective.

We did return from a Christmas Day walk to see Ella getting a nice bath. My Grandpa is the best- hands down.


We attempted to return the favor by getting some computer work done (re: Eric) and some closet cleaning out done (re: Nicole). I got to put to use my new closet cleaning skills I developed when we dug into our own master closet last month.

Closets. sigh. It was amazing to me the amount of stuff I have accumulated by my (hold on while I can) mid-20s. We still have 2 to go. Both of which are still disaster zones. And then I need to take that skill and hone it in my classroom. Does anyone else hear me on this?

Christmas vacation ended in a bit of a rush. I have a new, deeper appreciation for Colorado Dept. of Transportation after traveling the snowy highways of our Southern sister states. Ella, like Pigpen, is once again dirty. I guess my grandparents will just have to come visit us :)

3 comments:

Susan said...

Denver does have a Christmas music station (at least from Thanksgiving to January. It's COZY 101.1! Glad you updated! I seriously need to visit Sedona sometime!

Nicole said...

So good to know! Thanks Susan. I literally spent two days in my car flipping to every station searching for Christmas music. I even googled it! Denver, I love you again.

Nicole said...

And yes, you do need to visit Sedona :)