Friday, June 11, 2010

Hearting Denver

I do like Denver! Since I will be around Denver most of the summer this year, I decided to make a list of To Creates and To Enjoys. Not much has happened on my glorified To-Do list, but Eric and I have already had the opportunity to enjoy several summer happenings.

First up was Susan's baby shower. After a minor Facebook snafu in which my delight over hosting the first of all future friend baby showers was misinterpreted to declare that I was the pregnant one (sorry to disappoint), we threw a Bear Hunt themed shower for my friend Susan. We were then joined by the boys where Al practiced his upcoming dad skills with a football.



Followed by this lovely event, we headed downtown to enjoy Denver's Chalk Art Festival. By far my favorite was this lovely picture:


Notice that the image is distorted on the ground but clear in the mirror. Hmm... You may add your interpretation in the comments section.

One of the many things I love about Denver is all the free stuff. If you need to find me on Sunday evenings between 6 - 8, I will be here:


Jazz in the Park is a lovely event where you bring a blanket, food, drinks, games, and your friends you've convinced that this is cool (talking to you Al) and you enjoy some free music and equally entertaining people-watching.

Tuesday night we headed down to the Rockies game. We scored some free parking and dollar hot dogs but unfortunately, like the Rockies, did not score enough to garner $4 seats. However, it was still a classic Take Me Out to the Ballgame good time!


On my summer goal list, an addendum to the Rockies game was getting a hot dog and a beer. As you can see, this is now crossed off my list!



One added note: All these pictures were taken on my spiffy new phone! And let me just say, it is all that I hoped for!

No comments: