Saturday, August 1, 2009

Two Random Things... Actually Three

#1 You figure out the relationship. My cousin's husband is staying with us for a few weeks as he attends a work training here. What is he in relation to me? Cousin-in-law? To Eric? Oh boy... good luck! Anyways, Mike is great and even mowed our lawn today :) But what I mostly wanted to share was what he brought:

That's right. Not just any coffee... Obama coffee! Apparently a friend of his owns a coffee shop and is making his own blends. For the President it is half Kenyan- half Hawaiian. For all my dear conservative friends, I believe Mike told me there was a McCain blend as well. (p.s. The maker of this coffee owns a Christian coffee shop... just sayin.)

#2 I wish I had taken a "before" picture, but sadly I did not. All those who have been to our house can vouch that we had an awful sticky residue that happened to be the shape of a perfect rectangle in our living area. (hmm... I wonder what caused that??) It must have been a slippery rug. Anyways, I bought this Goo Gone stuff, and it worked, like a miracle. Spray, wipe... spray wipe. My friend Lindsey had tried getting it up while I was gone in Sierra Leone (she's awesome) but to no avail. Dear G.G., you are my hero!



#3 I started to post about the first two items, but then realized I should ask you to pray for Eric as well. He and a team of ten are in Guadalajara, Mexico on a mission trip with our church this week. I believe in many ways this is an exposure trip, as well as an opportunity to share the gospel with children there and minister to the family our church supports. I took them very, very early to the airport this morning. They'll be there August 1 - 10.

No comments: