Friday, August 28, 2009

School Thoughts

So, once upon a time I used to go on and on about school...

haha. Okay, sometimes I still do. But seriously, you can ask Eric, I talk about it a lot less than I used to. I mostly credit this to having a co-teacher. It's amazing what having an adult in the room with you does to your need to process with your spouse!

So in the spirit of my last post, I'll let you know the scoop on my first week:

#1 It was way too busy. First grade teachers pulled several 6 pm departures... leaving today at the miraculously early time of 4:10. (Too bad I just finished the schoolwork I didn't get done on location.) But we did enjoy some relaxing time together with other coworkers before heading home, which was great.

#2 I really like my class, I think. I'll put in that disclaimer since it's only been one week. It seems like a great dynamic though, and I love the different personalities that are popping up in our room!

#3 Geography lessons were part of the curriculum this week. We learned all about the seven continents, including the one we live on- North America. When asked what the name of our country was, one of my English Language Learners replied, "The United States of North America," which I thought made perfect geographical sense. Here's to the good ol US of NA!

Now this weekend, much to Eric's pleasure, I will be enjoying my time sans schoolwork. Check those bubbles in your mouth, hands at your sides, and have a great day!

No comments: