Monday, August 3, 2009

Like a Good Pair of Jeans That's All Worn Out

Day one of the rest of the school year- check!

I can't believe summer is already over! It flew by. We had the blessing of seeing many friends who came to us and who we went to see. I had about 5 relaxing days at the end of the break which helped me feel rejuvenated.

Still, it's never easy jumping back into a year. I woke up early enough to do some yoga this morning; we'll see if I make it out of bed in time to do it tomorrow. Last year, I did yoga the first day too, and then never did it again before work the whole year. Hopefully, that will not become a tradition!

I jumped straight into busyness at work, but I have a good, tired (oh so very tired) feeling.

Today, my co-teacher Amy kept asking me if we could try this or that, and I was pretty amiable toward everything she suggested. She was somewhat surprised as I (like her) can be pretty opinionated. However, as I explained to her, co-teaching with her again is like putting on that comfortable pair of jeans. You don't have to try hard to wear them, so you can just go with the flow. I'm thankful to have Amy teaching with me (and I with her) again this year, which is good... because we have a lot of work to do tomorrow!

2 comments:

Karolena said...

wow, y'all go back early; but maybe you got out early, too? when do the kids start back? I can start to move in my classroom this Thursday, but our first full day is the 18th then the kids start the following Monday - 24th.

Nicole said...

Our kids start on the 24th too. We just have 3 ridiculously long weeks of inservice!