Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Where to Begin...

Buwa!

Yes, I am back. I arrived home early Tuesday morning at 7:30 a.m. Denver time after a total of 6o hours of traveling. After going to bed at a time that rivaled that of my preschool years, I am refreshed and ready to begin processing my time in Sierra Leone. I really have no idea where to start... so I'll start with some pictures. They say a picture is worth a thousand words, but I feel that even pictures are inadequate to express the beauty of the people and the country. But I'll try...
The Pumwe* Girls


Teaching reading in Freetown



The village of Ngolala in Banta, one of my favorite places to be



Aminata, a friend from Ngolala


Just a few of the faces I'm missing a lot


* Mende for "white man." We heard this a lot :) Also, all Mende/Krio spellings are aproximate

1 comment:

Susan said...

Hi Nicole. Thanks for having us over tonight. My eye is slowly recovering. I really want to hear more about your trip sometime (maybe on the way to the Springs on Friday.) Thanks for the nativity set. I am so happy you live so close!