Friday, June 20, 2008

Africa Update

I've spoken with Nicole twice (both times quite briefly) since she arrived in Africa. She and the team are doing well. Biggest prayer request for her is for her health; she's had slight stomach discomfort and a swollen bug bite on her ankle (anybody who's spent any time with Nicole knows she is super allergic to all variety of bug bites).

It's been real quiet here for the most part. Cats are nice, but no replacement for one's wife :)

I'm close to having employment lined up, but it's not certain yet - I'll post again when things are ironed out completely. Thanks for your prayers during our move, job transition, and for Nicole while she's away!

Things I don't like about Denver:
* The super-dry air. Most mornings when I wake up my lips are chapped and my throat is dry.
* Not having my wife here
* Rude big-city drivers


P.S. I have short hair again.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmm.. no suggestions for rude drivers, but maybe get a humidifier and run it in your bedroom at night?

txmoabite said...

yay for short hair :) and good luck with the end of the job search!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the suggestion, "l.s" :)

I think I'm actually getting more acclimated to the dry air as I'm noticing it bothering me less and less.