Friday, July 18, 2008

We Interrupt These Reflections for...

About a week after returning from Sierra Leone, Eric and I were off on some traveling adventures!

Our first stop was a B & B up near Winter Park. Eric secretly arranged this while I was away, and it was nice to celebrate our second year of marriage, even though we spent our anniversary apart. It was relaxing, which was just what we needed- and of course the scenery was beautiful.

Our Room

The Deck

Us

After our time in Winter Park, we did a quick turn-around in Denver, grabbed the kittens, and head down to Sedona, Arizona where my dear grandparents live. We spent about a week there- hiking, exploring Indian ruins, playing mini-golf (my grandma won!), and just enjoying our time together.

Hiking near Bell Rock


Eric went fishing for the first time with my grandfather.
(Disclaimer: My grandpa caught the fish. )

I feel blessed to have such a great summer break as a teacher- to be able to travel, serve, and relax. I am excited to start a new school year in a new grade at a new school, but for now I am content to soak up the luxury of summer.

1 comment:

Susan said...

looks like you guys had a great time! it was good to see you last night!