Saturday, April 5, 2008

I Know, I know... but it was so cute!

So... I have another work story, which I've published quite a few of lately, but I can't help it that my kids say the cutest things! Maybe I talk about work too much... but at least I save my rants for Eric!

This past week we have been administering standardized tests (I'll pause for the gasp... yes, I do teach kindergarten... thank you Mr. President) and because of this our students have been receiving bagged lunches from the cafeteria. On Friday it was raining, so we took our lunches back towards our classroom and ate in the hall outside of our room. As I was sitting watching them eat, I happened to overhear a conversation between two of my more expressive female students. It went something like this:

Girl 1 (watching Girl 2 drink her chocolate milk): Oohhhh, I don't drink chocolate milk. Chocolate milk is nasty to me!
Girl 2: Why? I love chocolate milk!
Girl 1: Because when I drink it it makes my mouth all tired!
Girl 2: Oh (nodding her head). Well, pink milk (strawberry) makes my body hurt!
Girl 1: (nods her head) Yep.
Simultaneously both girls take a sip of their respective milks.

It could be in a commercial.