Sunday, August 26, 2007

Live from the Hampton

Well our A/C unit has failed us. It ka-putted somewhere in the middle of the night on Friday, though it took us until mid-day Saturday to realize it for sure. Saturday morning, we woke up, and I dropped Eric off @ the gym and made my way to our friendly Wal-Mart. When I got back, I turned down the air, but because I was "playing house" in the kitchen over the hot stove, I didn't realize the air wasn't actually working until later when Eric got home. We escaped the heat and spent the afternoon in Montgomery (as always I am thankful for Starbucks) and returned home since we were having a couple* over for dinner. We ended up eating outside, which was nice, but that night I had a very hard time sleeping. This afternoon, Eric and I went home after church, grabbed our stuff, and lived up at church so we didn't have to be in the heat. And now, we are at a hotel, graciously paid for by our landlords. Hopefully, we will be back home in the cool tomorrow. :) Sometimes, I am just so thankful that I live in the 21st century.

* The couple I referred to is in their twenties and w/o kids... it's very exciting indeed :)

1 comment:

southcutt said...

How good of your landlords!