Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Grace in Alabama

Tonight, Eric and I had the privilege of getting to hear the band Indelible Grace perform. For those of you who aren't good ol Presbyterians or RUFers, they are a band that has taken a lot of the old hymns and rewritten them to new tunes. It was a youth group event, and I guess hearing them play is one of the perks of being the youth director's wife! It was enjoyable to listen and sing the music and was closer to my much missed days of JBU worship than many of my more recent worship experiences.

When I sat down to write this blog, I was thinking about what to "title" it... does anyone else ponder these things???... and realized that this is indeed a day where I have needed much grace and have needed to give grace at my job and within the church. It is so easy to sing about it sometimes, and yet so hard to turn around and give it when you feel wronged by another. It's easy for me to think about giving Eric or close friends/family grace (maybe because I have to give/receive it much more frequently from them), but it is much harder to even stop and realize that I need to give my students grace, my co-workers grace, and my acquaintances in the church or community grace. How thankful I am that Christ did not just die for his disciples!!! May God give me grace to see how I need to show HIS grace to others.

2 comments:

Dotti & Doug Anderson Blogger said...

Hi Nicolle & Eric, this is really great that you are writing all of this down like this. Grandma Anderson

Nicole said...

Thanks for reading!