Friday, August 10, 2007

Circle K Ranch




Still no A/C in my room, though the bus line flowed much smoother today (thanks to an hour long practice in the morning). I'm still feeling overwhelmed and having doubts of my ability as a teacher, but I read an encouraging article last night about faith in the PCA magazine and am trying to remember that my faith is not in my ability but in God's work in me. Please pray for me in my new job!

Now for the promised pictures (see above). Our school decided upon a "Read Around the Town" theme, each teacher had to pick a "store" or "place" that could be represented in/near a town. Since the pet shop was already taken (bye-bye old frog theme), I decided to draw upon my "Texas years" and became the Circle K Ranch (K for Kindergarten). Thanks to the help of my sister-in-law Ruth, I was able to produce the above product. We'll see how long it lasts! As Eric said, "If I was a kindergarten boy, I would want to punch that haystack. I still want to punch that haystack..." :)

2 comments:

Heather said...

Sooo cute! You did a great job putting that together. It actually makes me a little homesick! :)
Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Hi Teacher-of-the-Year!