Friday, April 2, 2010

Spring Break Review


I give Spring Break 10 out of 10 stars. Kinda cheesy, but seriously who doesn't love a break? The past many Spring Breaks, I have always spent at least a portion of the time travelling, but this year I mostly hung around Denver. I did make a brief trip up to some amazing natural hot springs in the mountains, which was as lovely and relaxing as it sounds. Other than that, I tried to hammer out some of the items on my to-do list and relax. Items completed on my to-do list were as follows:
1. Make bread using my new-to-me bread machine. It was a success I believe. Now that I've learned the ropes of the process I hope to use it more than once a lifetime.
2. Clean my curtains. They are currently in the dryer, so with my tall husband's help I'll give it a check.
3. Clean my blinds. (Notice a theme.) I'm currently only one room short.
4. Buy new bedding. Our old comforter ripped several months ago, and it's been driving me crazy to have a consistently less than put together bed. Eric graciously went on a breakfast date that also included a significant portion of time analyzing spreads in Bed, Bath, and Beyond. We chose to go the duvet route, and I hope to make the bedding switch today.
5. Read. I am reading Too Small to Ignore by Wess Stafford (current President of Compassion International). This was an Eric recommendation, and I would recommend it as well. It gives some good insights, convicting thoughts, and new ideas on ministering to children.

And, I still have the weekend. We'll postpone the real world as long as possible.

2 comments:

Julie said...

wish I was there to hang out with you and distract you from all those things! :) let's skype tomorrow! also, I keep forgetting to tell you, but Whitney is moving to Denver to go to Denver Seminary! Crazy, huh?!

Nicole said...

That's so fun! Tell Whitney we'll be her friends :)