Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Cake and Community

I love our small group from church. I feel that it is always the highlight of my week. I may have to drag myself to gym classes or other weekly obligations/events... but I don't ever really feel that I have to drag myself to small group. It has been such a blessing to see our group draw closer together and to expand with two other couples joining us about six weeks ago (Has it really only been 6 weeks?!)

We've also had the expansion of our group with two of the cutest little boys ever! Baby E joined us with his rock-star baby hair last November, and Baby Andrew joined us a mere few weeks ago. We finally got around to celebrating Andrew at small group dinner night. This is a lovely event we had to add to our schedule since with all of our fellowshipping we were doing a horrible job of ending on time, ever. (We still could use some improvement.) The other 3 Mondays of the month, we try to do more Bible study/less talking... heh.

So since I had dessert duty, I wanted to make Baby Andrew a birthday cake... after all he just had one. Since my attempt to make my friend Susan a layered-cake that I lovingly refer to as the "Monstrosity" has scared me from any such thing in the near future, I chose to make him a Cupcake Cake in the shape of an A. It was a lot of fun planning it out and making it. I love celebrating people. (And special days.) (Or anything that can possibly be an excuse for a party!) Happy Birthday Baby Andrew! Welcome to the world!





Not crying... blowing out the candle!


No comments: