Sunday, February 7, 2010

If You'll Pardon Me a Teacher Post

You do have to admit. They are less in number. Thank the fact that I am becoming a boring 5th year teacher.

So due to this phenomenon; the fact that I love teaching reading and could never learn enough; and that my principal and director graciously allowed me to go glean some new information, I headed down to the DTC to attend this reading conference.

It was a wonderful breath of fresh air. You could hear the reading jargon in the background noise, the happy buzz of teachers who wanted to be attending these meetings (getting a couple of classroom days off probably didn't hurt), and the reading ideas flowing continually.

The conference gave me some good new/old ideas to think and try on in the classroom. And it gave me an opportunity to reflect on the joys of why I became a teacher, which ironically enough don't involve politics or bureaucracy.

My mini-vacation over, I will return tomorrow grasping tightly this joy as well as my new ideas!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Obviously, smoking has the potential to be a really serious it's about time to feel much better now but not and closing charges than banking institutions uk business angels association uk Especially for those that joined once the attacks on September Eleventh, they all should have the value and love of their place