Monday, November 2, 2009

This Fall Break Is Brought You by....





SNOW! Lots and lots of snow. Enough snow to get school canceled for two days!

Last Wednesday, the snow started falling and kept falling and kept falling until Thursday night. Wednesday, I slept in post the 6:15 a.m. wake-up call from my principal (good thing I was still in bed!), did some yoga, called offices I never have time to at work, went sledding!, and stayed up ridiculously late with Eric and friends playing a full game of Mexican train.

Thursday only got better with another sleepy morning, more yoga, and then girls' time with two Sandra Bullock movies and a fire. Susan did have to pick me up though, as our car was officially stuck outside of our house. Being on the corner, we collected more than your average amount of snow!

When I returned home, Eric took a paper break (he used his snow time more wisely than I), and we began shoveling our sidewalk, our car out, our driveway, and a path to the garage. I am very
proud to say that I shoveled our driveway, only managing to fall once. All in all it was wonderful.

Friday was a return to responsibilities, and Saturday was sunny beautiful. And that's Denver for you.

3 comments:

Mary Schwarz said...

That is pure craziness! I'm so glad we don't have snow like that yet...

And yay for Mexican train! We got ourselves a copy of that game after we played it with yall...one of my favorites!

Mary Schwarz said...

Yo, also...I changed my blog address...if you want to update your list it's: www.birchtreephotographyblog.com

Julie said...

love settlers. wish we could play with you! over Christmas time? can't wait to see you!