Wednesday, June 3, 2009

The Clever One


So Cuddles the Clever has recently proved just how conniving a kitten can be. I guess she didn't survive as the runt for nothing! Here is a picture of her in our apartment bathroom sink. She took it over a couple months ago when she decided she liked to drink running water. Apparently the water bowl wasn't cutting it. Her routine had become when we got home she would run for the bathroom and jump up on the counter meowing til her thirst was quenched. When we would fill up their food and water bowl, she would stand by the sink waiting to lick the remaining droplets from the faucet.

Eric was not a fan. So he decided that we were not going to let her drink out of the bathroom sink at our new home. I a-okayed and that was that.

ha ha ha.

Late last night, Cuddles the Clever started meowing. I followed her to her food and water bowl and noticed that their water had gotten a little dirty. When I picked up her water bowl, she stopped meowing, and I went to fill it up. As I was filling it up in the bathroom sink, she came bounding in and jumped eagerly up to the faucet. That was all she wanted.

As I told Eric, we can never fill their water up from the kitchen sink!

2 comments:

Mary Schwarz said...

That makes me want to have a cat...but I don't think Jay would tolerate it.

Nicole said...

haha... or Astin right?