Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Resolution

I am sure that all of you who read this have been waiting with bated breath to discover whether or not I would be getting my Alabama driver's license.

Well breathe easy my friends, because I now have in my possession one official temporary Alabama driver's license (yay) and one hole-punched Texas one (sniff, sniff).

I have good memories of my Texas driver's license- my friend Lindsay and I went down to the DMV together being both new June brides. It was a very weird but exciting experience to get my name changed on all my identification. Now, a year and a half later, it was not quite as exciting. I rushed over to the DMV as soon as school was out after Eric convinced them that morning to stay open a little bit closer to closing than usual. I gave them my information, said no,no,no,no to all the questions, and smiled (after a day spent with five year-olds I looked quite lovely let me tell you!)...
But I have it, and for that I am thankful.

Now if I can just get that voter's registration card... oh and that doctor's appointment... oh and new tags for my car... all before they roll up the sidewalks at 2 p.m. tomorrow! Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Lindsay Newcomer said...

Yay! I was just telling someone the other day about our DMV experience, or rather our Social Security card experience. Remember how they wouldn't give me mine because my birthdate wasn't on my marriage certificate?

Crazy government agencies.