Sunday, January 13, 2008

DMV Drama

First off, I would like to say "thanks" to Heather for validating what I have already believed- living in a small town is like living in a foreign country!

On Friday, Eric called the DMV at 8:30 on Friday morning to check to see if they would be at work. He figured that calling at 8:30 would ensure someone was working since they opened at 8 a.m.. He figured wrong. No one was in yet. When he tried again at 9:30, he did reach the lady who was working.

She was very "Southern-ly" friendly, until she realized that he wanted her to stay at work until closing- or at least until we could get there at 3:30. She informed Eric that she would be leaving before 2:30 and would not commit to being there until 4:30 on the following Thursday or Friday. Eric explained to her that I could not get off work until 3:30 and did not want to take time-off to come in. She then said that even if I took off time to come in early, she wouldn't guaranty that she would be in or see us before she decided to leave.

I said that it was maybe God's sign that we cannot live here.
Eric said that maybe he should go get his license so that we can reregister our cars before our tags expire this month and that I should just get one this summer.

I guess either way I can keep my Texas identity a little bit longer.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Well, at least y'all got to have those conversations in English. Count your blessings. :)

Nicole said...

haha. so true.