Friday, February 18, 2011

It's Not What You Pay, It's Who You Know


This is my belated Valentine's Day post of something I love.

I love Mavericks Basketball! So when my union offered up cheaper tickets on cheap seats, I convinced Eric and a friend to jump at the chance. Not only was it basketball, but the Mavs were in town, which made it all the better. On the way downtown to meet Eric for the game, my friend happened to call her friend. Going to the game came up in conversation, so my friend's friend called her friend who had the connections to get us a-maz-ing seats! If I was a children's author it would go something like this:

This is the friend who scored the seats
To help out a friend
To give to her friend
So that her friend could watch Dirk in style.
(or something like that)

We sat in folding chairs people. We were that close. It really made it feel like a high school basketball game (a poor analogy to watching the Mavs I know).

I guess I should also mention that the Nuggets won (on a buzzer shot). I guess Texas can't always be bigger and better.

No comments: