Monday, February 21, 2011

Drop the Top

ahh dreams...

I have always been quite the vivid dreamer. For example, I can still picture in my head quite clearly a nightmarish dream I used to have when I was 3 - 5 years old.

an old farmer-ish man in blue overalls and tall, yellow straw hat climbs over the red brick wall into our backyard. he carries a burlap sack to kidnap me in. I wake up.

I am also a classic dream i got up and left for work dreamer. I cannot even begin to tell you how many times I've been so disappointed to really wake up and realize I have to get ready for work all over again.

Or how about these recent dreams (in which apparently all my subconscious fears of leading a team come out)...

our team gets all the way to banta to discover that i have left one of our team members at the jfk airport. i leave freetown and fly back to new york to retrieve her, only to discover that i left my passport in banta. yes. my dream ends with the menacing airport security approaching me for my passport.

i arrive a couple of days early to sierra leone only to discover i've brought almost nothing in my carry-on and didn't take my other suitcase (not sure why).


There's a kind of anti-malarial medicine you can take just once/week, instead of every day. However, there's a side effect of potentially crazy dreams. Obviously, it is not for me.

2 comments:

Julie said...

I took the weekly dose both times and only had a few weird dreams. And I'm a pretty vivid dreamer. I remember one from when I was that age too - I was riding on my dad's shoulder and a really scary monster with one long eye on top of its head was chasing us and I was screaming, "Run faster Daddy!"

Sorry about your dreams. :) Nothing like that will happen. You'll have a few snafus but you'll make it! :)

Sarah Saunier said...

Yes, please don't take that malaria medication. And don't leave any team members at JFK okay! Thats a good thing to add to the team leader training manuel right!? You're going to do a great job, you don't need to worry.