Saturday, March 13, 2010

Numero Ocho

Today I traded in the warm and sunny Saturday for my eighth (0h yes) teaching test. This time the test was in Linguistically Diverse Education also known as ELD, ELL, TESOL, ESL, etc. Though the name might change frequently due to (insert commentary on politics and culture), the subject matter is fascinating to me. I love teaching students who are learning English. I love studying about students who are learning a second or tenth language. I love the systematic and sequential patterns language development follows. I love it so much I'm using ed lingo words on my blog. This past week as I've been studying for yet another test, it has surprised me by inspiring me. It makes me desire to go back to grad school to get my masters in this very subject. Hey, it almost made me shell out a Benjamin Franklin to be a member of this nerdy community (and get a professional journal subscription!). Perhaps I could write a lesson on how to teach the meaning of my previous sentence to an English Language Learner. Yes, this might be my calling.

No comments: