Saturday, September 26, 2009

It was a shoe in the hamper kind of week....

It was a ridiculously crazy, lousy feeling, too busy, too many late nights and early mornings kind of week. (My own version of Alexander and the Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day.) Friday night I got home from work already late to our friend date at the park. I went to put on my tennis shoes but only found one. Eric and I searched under the bed, in the corner of the closet- really in every corner of the house. We couldn't find it, so I squeezed into my tennis shoes that are too small. (Why oh why are my feet growing???) My main question was about the fact that only one shoe was missing. As I pointed out to Eric, any person in their right mind (aka me) would have put the shoes away together.

So following my way too early 6th certification test to become a teacher (again), I began sorting laundry and found ... you guessed it - or if you didn't read my title :) - my shoe in the hamper. Apparently, my mind was "left" at some point this week.

Not to worry, though. It's a beautiful Saturday, and I'm off to read for bookclub and recover my brain!

1 comment:

Julie said...

That's funny! I do stuff like that all the time...but I can now blame it on Caleb! :) Hang in there and enjoy the weekend!