Friday, July 24, 2009

Just Call Me "Driver Extraordinaire"

So, I feel the need to share that-

Today I parallel parked for the first time ever! Yay! (It was a 15 - 20 point turn.) But never mind that, the important thing is- I did it!

I was in the heart of downtown Denver for my hair appointment at the Aveda Institute (great cut- 12 bucks), and I had circled about 5 blocks looking for a parking spot. I didn't want to pay for a "lot spot" since I actually had my quarters, and then I saw it. An empty space right between two cars. I have to admit I was nervous that a) I would fail or worse b) I would hit both cars in the process of failing. But I kept my cool and did it. This is a feat for me as mere days ago I made Ruth switch places with me to get into a less crowded spot.

Anyways, I am proud of myself. Thanks for listening!

6 comments:

Mary Schwarz said...

Congratulations! :) Now, if you'd only moved to Pittsburgh you'd be parallel parking like a pro...

Julie said...

Way to go! But how did you pass driver's ed? :)

Nicole said...

easy... that home school version nonsense!

txmoabite said...

Yay! :)

Susan said...

Yay Nicole! You're officially a "city girl." haha. Who knew Denver could teach you how to parallel park? (and not Dallas?) I can't wait to see the haircut tomorrow!

Nicole said...

phssh. at the risk of offending half the people who read this blog, Dallas only pretends it's a parallel parking kind of city!