Friday, May 16, 2008

Narnia: Prince Caspian

Nicole and I went to watch the new Prince Caspian movie tonight with our youth group. I went in with the expectation that I had to just enjoy it for what it was and not try and compare it to the book, otherwise I'd just frustrate myself. My beef with the first movie and this one as well is that they tried to take a story which is very whimsical and child-like and turn it into the next wanna-be LOTR epic. That aside, when Susan kissed Prince Caspian at the end of the movie I think I had the biggest "gross" movie reaction I've had in a long time. It was unbelievable not only for the Susan of C.S. Lewis' original books, but also for the Susan of the movie. I think Susan and Caspian had maybe two or three lines with each other throughout the whole thing, and wait...now they're kissing right before they'll never see each other again!? Anyway...it was awful in a sort of funny kind of way.

No comments: