Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Happy Birthday Eric!

Today is Eric's birthday! It's been kind of a low-key day... we both had work and there was youth group tonight... but I hope it's been a good one for him :)

I started thinking about how many birthdays I have celebrated with Eric... and realized it was five- wow! For two we've been married, one engaged, one dating.... and one flirting.

Back in 2004, Eric's birthday fell over my Spring Break. Eric and I had been chatting frequently over msn messenger as "just friends" but the teasing from my friends was starting to become incessant. So armed with my good friend Susan, I agreed to go camping with Eric and some other close friends over break and resolved to get any ideas of liking Eric out of my head. (It was kind of an independent phase.) To accomplish this goal, I made a plan to go out of my way not spend time alone with him. It was a great plan- there was only one problem. Everywhere I went, Eric was right there- Amish beard and all talking to me. My mission was failing.

We came back to Dallas after the camping trip, and on Friday night went to play mini golf with other good friends (shout out to Mary, Andrew, & Kara) for Eric's 19th day. As the evening wore on, I realized Eric was flirting pretty unashamedly with me (not a typical 2004 behavior for him). The next evening, he called me at my house- "just to talk."

Well, four years later, and we're about to celebrate anniversary #2.... I'm glad my plan failed and that the Amish beard disappeared.



Happy Birthday Eric!

2 comments:

Mary Schwarz said...

Woohoo! I made it onto the front page of Eric and Nicole's blog! A belated Happy Birthday to Eric...and happy musings to Nicole (let's talk soon).

Faith said...

That was a fun camping trip! I had no idea there was anything between you and Eric. Happy Birthday Eric! Thanks for letting me go on that trip with yall.
By the way, if you don't already have this, it is the link to my blog:
http://faithaweir.blogspot.com/