Saturday, December 15, 2007

The Best Chrismas Pageant Ever

I love that book. I don't remember when I started reading it as a child, but my family had a copy which I read every single Christmas. Even now, every time I read it it makes me laugh and cry.

When Eric and I started dating in 2004, I discovered much to my shock that Eric had never read the book much less heard of it and decided to remedy this at once. I bought a copy and read it to Eric, mostly at various parks around Dallas since we were dating with no place to go, and he enjoyed it. So when Christmas 2005 rolled around, I read it to him again. By Christmas 2006, we had a tradition and were able to have a place to actually read it in- our home... though I think we may have finished it with his family in Colorado.

This year, I will be reading the story to Eric again, maybe as we drive to Dallas as fast as we can. Tonight though, we had the pleasure of watching two of our youth girls perform as Imogene and Gladys in their high school Christmas play. Girls, you did great! Everyone else- "Hey! Unto you a child is born!"

No comments: