Saturday, September 22, 2007

Reminders of Love

Sappy title I know... but today has been a good day. I am sick and as I have always loved to sing "all by myself..." as Eric is away at a wedding, so I've been feeling a little on the lonely side. But God always knows what we need, so he brought me these reminders today of people that I love:

7-UP: Having had the pukes, I have been drinking some 7-Up. While drinking some today, I suddenly thought of my grandma and grandpa who are the only people I know who drink 7-UP for fun. I have very fond memories of mixing the coke and OJ at their house for a fun drink... I love my grandparents.

Nice Girls Don't Cry: This is a book I have been trying to track down, and I was finally successful! My dear friend Bethany recommended it to me, and I enjoyed it. The book speaks of becoming a woman who lives life using the gifts that God has given her, fearlessly and without trying to be someone else than who God has created her to be... thanks for the truth reminder friend!

Chinese Barista: When ordering a drink at Starbucks today, my barista was teaching her coworkers Chinese (ni hao- hello and bu-yao- I don't want it)*. I asked if she was from China, and she said she was... I told her about my dear friend teaching English over there. It reminded me of Julie, Chase, Megs (my lovers of China) and of our flag football teams (I don't want it... want it).

African purse: When checking the mail today, I received a gift from my dear friend Sarah who recently returned from Sierra Leone. I love the purse, and I am inspired by your passion dear friend!

Vanity Fair: Once upon a time, some Aggie girls and I were going to do a book club over this book... haha, it never happened! Our club ended the same night it began, though the time we did it was fun! I finally broke down today and rented the movie... having never gone farther than chapter 10. This one is for Liz and Lindsay!

These may seem silly, but these reminders were a blessing from God today of good times and good friends.

*I apologize for any butchering of Chinese spelling or meaning

4 comments:

Lindsay Newcomer said...

Ahhh, yes. We were more intellectually optimistic in those days. I'll have to put in on the Que...

We missed you at the wedding! Hope you're feeling better!

Sarah Saunier said...

It was fun to talk to you. I love you friend!

Anonymous said...

haha, i thought about our failed book club recently! i still have yet to finish it... maybe i will watch the movie. :) btw, i think a movie club would have been a brilliant idea, because then we could have accomplished a whole story in one evening with no homework. maybe if y'all end up in philly someday then we can start a movie club, "the practical solution to the 21st century working woman's busy schedule" (that will be the tag line). also, i'm sorry to hear that you were sick while eric was gone, i hope you're feeling better!
-Liz

Eric said...

Thanks I am! Lindsay, I missed seeing your guys too! I like your movie idea Liz! The movie was good- it would have been a great one for discussion! Reese Witherspoon did an outstanding job! And... it even kind of made me want to finish the book...