Thursday, July 5, 2007

Fourth of July *Greenville Style*

Yesterday Eric and I headed out to the annual "Fourth of July Bash" that is given by one of the couples who goes to our church, and their place is pretty much the coolest "home" I've ever seen. For one thing, they have this log cabin that looks absolutely beautiful in the dark, but it's their backyard that everyone comes for. They have backyard "toys" that could rival a summer camp, including a water slide, rope swing, zip line, high dive, and various boats to travel across their lake in! We had a great time hanging out with the youth and some of their families and tried our hand at some of the backyard activities. We both did the rope swing (though I don't think I breathed during the split second free fall), and the more adventurous one of us (that would be Eric) went across the zip line simply holding onto a t-bar. I also enjoyed my trip across the zip line- with the company of a harness :) After dinner, we enjoyed a miniature replica of an Aggie bonfire as well as a pretty awesome (if not dangerous) fireworks display. It was a really fun day, though I confess I don't know how many patriotic thoughts went through my mind during the celebration... the Fourth of July is a funny holiday...

No comments: