Sunday, June 24, 2007

Just War Theory

I love our new home. I love the cute paint, the plantation shutters, the deck, the floors, the kitchen... I love everything about it- and apparently I'm not the only one. Three weeks ago we were attacked. It started out small- an ant here, an ant there, two ants here, three ants there- but it was a big deal to me. I can get along with bugs just great- if they are outside. But bugs in the house had to go. So acting upon the just war theory, my understanding husband accompanied me on a friendly Wal-Mart trip, and we came back with ant bait and spray... and the war began. The next day as I was modeling the good "wifely" practice of doing the laundry, I reached into my tub to pick up my dryer sheets and let out a scream. A HUGE spider was in the tub, wedged in the corner where it would be difficult to kill without it escaping. I panicked and calmed down enough to call Eric at work, who once again with much understanding told me to try and kill it with the spray. This only infuriated the HUGE spider, however, which started running around the tub. I have to admit I was pretty hysterical. A long story short, he came home and killed it (did I mention it was a HUGE spider????). But the final straw came when we got home from RYM- ants had invaded our cereal box in the cupboard. So we made the call. The bugs have invaded, but we will conquer. Terminix is coming tomorrow :)

No comments: