Thursday, December 9, 2010

Why I Can't Follow Ol' Ben

I found some kindred spirits in my RtI meeting that met early on Wednesday morning before school. As we showed up with coffee and yawns, we began discussing the problem all but one of us have of staying up too late. I get a second wind around 9 pm, another coworker agreed, and another admitted to taking afternoon naps after work to supplement his late night lifestyle. I know it's possible to be early to bed, because I have friends and meet people who say "I'll go to bed at 8:30 if I'm tired." "I love sleep so I don't stay up late." "Just go to bed." Well folks, I love sleep just as much as the next person, but I can't.do.it. If I even try to go bed "early" at say 10, I lay in bed almost falling asleep but not quite. For some strange reason, my brain has to know it's at least 10:30 before it's hasta la vista world.

However, lately I have been feeling the effect of at max 8 hours of sleep. My tiredness is catching up with me, though that may be related to weird dreams involving babies that leave me awake in the middle of the night in a cold sweat. Thank you to all my friends with small children. Whatever the reason, I will relish the fact that soon I will be able to go to bed "on time" and sleep in gloriously when Christmas Break hits! Let's raise our espresso shot coffee- here's to sleep!

2 comments:

Julie said...

I'm with you on this. Even when I knew my baby would be waking up at 2 am and 5 am, I still couldn't get into bed before 10! Now she's sleeping all night, thank God. Enjoy your time of sleeping in over break!!!

Anonymous said...

This post made me smile!
~Your friend who can and does actually go to bed early =)