Tuesday, August 10, 2010

I Live At School and Other Common Misconceptions

Tomorrow I will be welcoming 25 kindergartners into my classroom or (as in their minds)- aka my home. Besides having pre-operational brains, they are probably apt to think this because, well, I do spend a lot of time there. The beginning of the year involves a lot of planning, bulletin board decorating, and quite frankly I'm not sure what quite zaps all my time. But it's worth it to get the year started right. ABSOLUTELY. In fact they make a kid's book about it: Miss Bindergarten Gets Ready for Kindergarten. You're groaning- I read it :)

This year I'm particularly excited since I'm going to be working in a school district I've been wanting to teach in, at a school I'm enjoying, and with a population of students that is near and dear. I'm thankful for this opportunity and am praying that I will be able to love each and every one of these kiddos well.

And now... I will go punch holes and put yarn through my nametags!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So what you're saying is you'd like us to call you Miss Bindergarten. ;) Peace be with you tomorrow on your first day!

Aaron E Elmore said...

"bulletin board decorating"
Nicole: "I had a bad experience!"
Friend: "What happened?"
Nicole: "I said...I HAD A BAD EXPERIENCE!!!"

Nicole said...

All those hopes and dreams torn on the floor :)