Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Small Group Milestones

So first off, our church small group rocks my face off. And it's even cool (that's for Eric who proclaimed this word meaningless earlier this evening).

The five of us couples have been together almost a year... some of us longer. And as is common in this phase of life, there have been milestones along the way...

- getting a doctorate
- starting grad school
- buying a home
- fixing your friends' home (that's for you Philip)
- etc.

One of the most recent exciting milestones is that Bob and Kyla recently have been in the process of adopting a baby boy. And I mean baby. Like less than two months old. And, as I affectionately refer to him, "Baby E" is so cute in a cool way. For example, he has a huge head of mohawkish hair. And today, he was pumping his arms like he's the star of the show. (Which pretty much, he is.)

But for one member of our little group, a new milestone was reached this evening. I held Baby E, and I didn't even freak out. First of all, I don't think I've ever held a baby that small before. Secondly, for those of you who know me well, you know I have a phobia of holding tiny infants. There's arachnophobia, breakingsomeone'sbabyphobia, you know. I think it's partially because I've never had a good friend who's had a baby before, and I've always been worried about them judging my poor attempts at head support, neck support, backside support... But Bob and Kyla were judgment free, and I think I'll do it again... because after all, he does have the coolest mohawk ever!

1 comment:

Julie said...

Way to go Nicole! :) Babies are surprisingly stronger and more resilient than you think. And, thank God, so are toddlers, since mine goes through accident prone stages every few months. The last one included falling down the stairs, running into the wall and falling off a chair. :) Baby E won't break! :)