Saturday, October 24, 2009

Punjammies, Princesses, and Bollywood

We were hearting India last Saturday night!

Susan and I hosted a "Punjammie Party" to raise awareness of sex trafficking in India (and around the world) and also of cute pjs that help make a difference.

I found out about International Princess Project last fall from this blog and proceeded to buy some for my dear friend and sis-in-law. When I received the package in the mail, I realized that I knew the name of the person on the return address. It turns out my old JBU R.A. and R.D. both work as admins for this organization. Talk about small world!

So last Saturday, we got to drink some yummy chai, eat some naan, and learn more about this organization that provides women rescued from prostitution with a way to make a sustainable living. Basically, they make beautiful pajamas, and we buy beautiful pajamas. Please check out the website!

I wish I had taken pictures, but unfortunately I forgot. We did however get to laugh our hearts out to Bride and Prejudice, and if you come visit me, I can sport my pj pants for you in person!

No comments: