Monday, September 29, 2008

We Run for Fun.. and Food

And Charity.

At the beginning of September, Susan and I decided we needed to dig up our running shoes and go back to our glory days of collegiate running. We decided some simple motivation would be the Panerathon. Think a mix of Panera and running in reverse order and a 10k instead of a marathon (got that?!). The entry fee was being donated in its entirety to the Denver food bank which I must confess made it more desirable but the Panera might have been a bigger draw.

No problem we thought as we registered and made our plans for going from almost no running to running 6.2 miles. Then, I got the worst sore throat ever. Then, I got a halo affect going around my eye followed by intense dizziness. Then, frustrated with all the things keeping me from running, I ignored my aching foot until it hurt to even walk on it. So pretty much, then at 24 my body decided to fall apart. No problem my every-aching-muscle-in-my-body.

But you will be glad to know that we conquered. Sunday morning, we were off. I must say we finished with a time we were happy with as well. Below are the "lovely" pictures that proved that we did it.



Free Sunday (and Monday) breakfast!


We can still stand!!!


"Matchy-matchy"
Al ran a 5k... Eric the good Christian was in church :)

No comments: